Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I apologize for the haphazard nature of my blog. I have pics to post from Christmas and an update I started on Grace. I've come to the conclusion, that when I have posts that include pictures, it takes me an eternity. Those are on the way though...at some point.

I thought I'd take a moment to get my new years resolutions down.

This year as been FULL! I've grown quite a bit, as has our family. I am very grateful for what I have been blessed with. I'm a little nervous about 2012, I have to be honest. It's going to be a year of discipline! At least that's what I'm hoping.

So here goes, my New Year's Resolutions:

1) Budget better (this means being a bit more realistic) and stick to it. We don't have credit cars or car loans. Most of our bills are bills we will have for quite some times: house and school loans. We do, however, have a ton of medical bills. Having a baby is expensive! And, it doesn't help that Ken had to have surgery as well this year. Even though his hospital stay was 5 hours, compared to my two days, it cost the same...seriously! In addition to that, it looks like we will be acrueing a few more here in the next month with Fenix. We're going to use taxes to pay off as much as we possibly can, and the rest we'll make payments on. I'd like them paid off by the end of summer. That's my goal anyway:)

2) Lose the last bit of this baby weight. I've got 8 pounds to go and no excuses. I need to eat healthier and I need to work out. I'll be honest though, I don't have much of a plan for the working out part. My days are busy and I don't want to take away from the little time I get with Grace in the evening, so I'll need to work something out. It will be easier once the weather is warmer. Then, we can go back to our walks. I may just have to wake up a bit earlier...huge sigh.

3) Stress less. This is a big one, and probably my main one. I am very much my mother in this sense. I stress over school (can we say ISATs?), and money, and choosing decorations for Grace's room (yeah, I know, I'm at times a bit ridiculous). So that's my big one. There is only so much I have control over, and if I'm doing my best, then that's really all I can ask for. So I'm going to work on accepting myself and my efforts a bit more.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
In a paragraph...I am a mom, wife, step-mom, teacher, daughter, sister, and friend. I am a believer, a daydreamer, a memory keeper, and an avid reader. I love teenagers, animals, bad reality t.v., coffee, and wine. I value my family, my career, my students, and my faith. And, as a warning...I most likely will be horrible at updating this:)